Portrait and history

In 1964, Eugen Monnier and Robert Zahner established a company in the industrial area Safnern-Moos, which specialized in machine tools for the manufacturing of watch cases until 1972.

The watch crisis caused a shifting of the production to machines for the medical and dental industry. In this field, Monnier + Zahner AG reached worldwide a very high standard with machines to produce medical implants, such as bone screws and bone plates as well as artificial hip joints.

Other important fields of activity include the construction of grinding machines for dental burs and machines for the production of worms and gears for suppliers to the automative industry and gear box manufacturers. This also includes customized machines, adapted to particular needs.

2006 saw the integration of Lambert-Wahli Ltd. into the company Monnier + Zahner Ltd. Today, the staff of Monnier + Zahner Ltd. consists of approx. 70 people, apprentices included. The company takes great care in an extensive education of the young people. Ten to twelve apprentices in design, mechanics and electro-technicians receive their training at Monnier + Zahner Ltd.

Innovation, flexibility and a leadership based on the human dimension, motivates the team to achieve outstanding results. Best quality and after-sales service, qualitative instead of quantitative growth, constant dialogue with customers and employees are the ingredients with which the MZ management ensures the company's success.

History of Monnier + Zahner AG

1964
Establishment of the company Monnier + Zahner AG by Eugen Monnier and Robert Zahner

1965
Construction of the manufacturing plant at Hauptstrasse 115

1967
1st enlargement of the plant: Extension of the workshop by 20 m

1972
Expansion of the manufacturing program by adding machines for dental and medical purposes as well as special machines

1973 - 1974
2nd enlargement of the plant: Showroom and stockroom on the ground floor and director's office and helio room on the first floor

1974
Robert Zahner leaves the company

1985
Meyco Holding Ltd. CH-2562 Port (parent company of Anton Meyer & Co. Ltd., diamond technology, CH-2562 Port) takes over the majority of the shares. Eugen Monnier retires. Hermann Ruedin, Machine Ing. FH, becomes managing director

1986
Run-off of the first entirely CNC controlled machine to produce rotary cutters

1988 - 1992
3rd enlargement and renovation of the existing plant

Since 1993
Various new developments, such as Duplex rotary cutter grinding machines, head and insert honing machine for artificial hips, gear hobbing and worm milling machines

Since 1996
Roland Wälti, Machine Ing. FH, becomes managing director

Since 1997
Cooperation in the field of gear hobbing and worm milling machines with the company Koepfer Verzahnungsmaschinen in Furtwangen, Germany

1998
Delivery of the first Duplex worm milling machine

2001 - 2002
4th enlargement of the production plant and construction of a superstructure on the roof to contain a staff room with a capacity of 80 people

2003
Further development of the head and insert honing machine, also for spine products

2006
The companies Cadmo AG and Swisscut AG are outsourced from the CLW group at the end of the year. The Meyco Holding AG takes over Lambert-Wahli AG

2007
Lambert-Wahli AG is integrated into the company Monnier + Zahner AG. Lambert-Wahli AG is re-established as a sales company. The management and the staff are striving to further develop the acquired knowledge in the field of gear technology, as well as to offer and realize efficient solutions to customers

2007 - 2012
Various new developments, for example: Thread and worm grinding machine M 663, high performance gear hobbing machine W1000, tool grinding machine for profile cutters with logarithmic undercut M664, pregrinding machine for dental burs M665

History of Lambert - Wahli AG

1886
The company S. Lambert AG in Grenchen (SO) was founded. Machines for the watch industry

1896
The lathe of the Lambert company wins the silver medal at the industrial fair 1896 in Berlin

1985
Peter Möri establishes the one-man company CADMO. His target: A modern office for supplying services by developping mechanical components for tools and machine tools. From the beginning, great importance is attached to CAD workstations. After five years, seven employees are fully occupied with demanding projects

1988
The range of services mechanical engineering is extended with an architects' office

1992
Re-establishment of LAMBERT AG and acquisition of the product group LAMBERT from SMH (Swatch Group). Revival of the name LAMBERT by innovative developments. At the beginning, two cooperators are employed. Particular focus is set to thread milling

1996
Acquisition of the product group WAHLI gear hobbing machines. The company WAHLI FRERES SA in Bévilard was established in 1946. By constant innovations, the products are updated to the latest technical standards. The CLW group (CADMO - LAMBERT - WAHLI) is the only provider of gear hobbing machines in the module range 0,05 to 2,25 worldwide

1999
LAMBERT AG buys a building at Industriestrasse 24 in Safnern. The company building is extended to allow the planned incorporation of the company WAHLI SA

2001
Relocation of the company WAHLI SA from Bévilard to Safnern

2006
The companies Cadmo AG and Swisscut AG are outsourced from the CLW group at the end of the year. The Meyco Holding AG takes over Lambert-Wahli AG

2007
Lambert-Wahli AG is integrated into the company Monnier + Zahner AG. Lambert-Wahli AG is re-established as a sales company. The management and the staff are striving to further develop the acquired knowledge in the field of gear technology, as well as to offer and realize efficient solutions to customers